Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

dan
 Post subject: KVIS 2011 Gathering
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:48 pm 

Hello to all, Upon announcing the Gathering in KVIS this year,Sept 10th, I said I would provide some details about the area and accomidations. So here are the details for those who would like to make plans to attend. We have 2- Motels, Comfort Inn Suites and the Holiday Inn, Both are just across the street from the airport. I did not check pricing on the Holiday Inn but I did check on Comfort Suites. A single for 1 night is 85.00 and this includes breakfast. A room with 2- Queens goes for 90.00 plus tax and this also includes Breakfast, for those who might double up the rooms will be very reasonable. Also, across the street we have a nice park we may have our meal here as it is very shady and has a pond for those who might want to catch a bluegill or catfish. There are tennis courts available to the public, there is a racetrack and there could be racing on Fri or Sat night for those who might be interested. Next to the racetrack we have a very nice Golfcoarse if you want to pack some Irons along. All of these aminities are about a 2-3min walk from where everyone will tie down. The baseball diamomds are also there and very nice if someone wants to swing a bat. KVIS is a long smooth strip and the airport has 100LL and a wash station should your flight get real buggy. We do have a nice EAA park at the airport and Iam sure we will utilize it some of the time. I will be at the Airport on Fri for early arrivals and to try to get folks settled for the weekend. If we can get enough commitments and I know this is tough this far out, I will get some rooms blocked so the rates will be better yet at the Motel. Any questions dont hesitate to call 559-686-4588 or send me an e-mail.....Dan

Last edited by Anonymous on Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fraser MacPhee
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:39 pm 

You know I'm in Dan

Serial #279-1
Angel Fire, NM (KAXX)

Last edited by admin on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Personal album  

Hal Underwood
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:00 pm 

I plan on being there myself and maybe with wife esp. if some other wives attend. We're unsettled on days. Will call hotel about our Australian Shepherd- Hate kenneling the dog.
Hal Underwood
N631HU
Lancaster, Ca

Last edited by admin on Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:23 am 

I'll be there on Friday...around 10. If I can clear my busy schedule (yes Fraser I do have a schedule!), I'll be there a little earlier. I will bring my bucket full of Jockyoulariety along with a bucket of Prop Wash! [:p] I might be able to get N2056 to attend also.

RB

Last edited by admin on Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Personal album  

Fraser MacPhee
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:55 am 

OK Dan - Cubes and I are booked into the Comfort Inn at the Visalia Airport - practice your flying skills and start prayin to the weather gods. Make sure and e-mail Jack Kenton off list so he is aware.

Howard Ginn - bring the napkin with you - might be a good idea to laminate it before hand - and let Ray and Connie know, as well as Tony.

Tanker Ted - you in??....sound off!!

Paul McMicheal - sound off girlypants!!

Serial #279-1
Angel Fire, NM (KAXX)

Last edited by admin on Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Personal album  

dan
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:50 pm 

Fraser, you sure do a good job rallying the troops, Mr paul and his lovly co-pilot Gail have RSVPd. Myself ,Ira and dean Cuke are sure looking forward to this. Cant imagine myself formin up with you renagades, but birds of the thorp feather have been known to flock together, IM in. I dont have a mail address for Ray and Connie nor Howard and Elain, spread the word I am getting the menu ready..........Dan

Last edited by admin on Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TWMUNDELLJR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:02 pm 

HEY MR. FRAZER;
I'M ON DUTY IN PTV, BUT PLAN TO FLY OVER EARLEY IN THE MORNING JUST TO SEE THE GROUP, BUT WILL HAVE TO BE BACK IN PTV BY 0945. WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO PUT MY T THERE ON DISPLAY AND TALK DISPATCH INTO LETTING ME STAND BY THERE WITH MY TANKER, BUT WE ALL HAVE DREAMS AND THAT ONE WON'T HAPPEN.

LATER; TANKER TED; N18NH

Last edited by admin on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.