Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

chuck
 Post subject: 2013 spring fly-in
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:27 am 

Gent's,
A few years ago I volunteered to host a Thorp fly-in in Maine, with about 3 commitments. With the Fredericksburg fly-in coming up I thought It's never too early to plan and I'll throw Maine in the ring again as a possible future location to be discussed while you gent's are in Sunny Texas.
Last year my alma mater BNAS (Brunswick Naval Air Station) was decommissioned and it is now BXM (Brunswick Executive) http://www.mrra.us/bxmairport.html. As you'll notice by the airport website this year will be the second annual fly-in held the first week of June. Due to the successes last year festivities will be extended two days with on site camping, air shows and other entertainment. I can also work out affordable lodging at a plethora of local hotels for 2013. And this being in my backyard (20 min) our home and others are available for nuttin, first come first serve (full disclosure we live above our funeral home for you chickens). Brunswick is a coastal community with Owls Head Transportation/Aeronautical Museum 30min North (as the Thorp flies) in coastal Owls Head (on Knox County Airport KRKD), Maine http://www.ohtm.org/. Also, for those so inclined shopping just one town South in sunny Freeport at LL Bean's main/original store, along with many outlet stores up and down Main St. And 30min South Maine

KIWI

Profile Personal album  

Fraser MacPhee
 Post subject: Re: 2013 spring fly-in
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:00 pm 

Dang.....this sounds like a rare treat.....sadly next year is OSH and I dinna ken - if I committed to both, She Who Eye Wership will likely solicit you and pay for a casket in which you will end up shipping me home from the fly-in......

Profile Personal album