Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:52 pm 

Attachment:
Scan0078.jpg
Scan0078.jpg [ 316.04 KiB | Viewed 4688 times ]
Attached is the parking area we have been assigned . SW corner . Red Rock Aviation should/shall/will be there to block us in . If not park the AC in a single line . There are chain tie downs for the wings and tail . The airport will not honor an earlier commitment for 1/2 price tie downs , so it will be $10.00/nite . We will get a 37 cent discount off the price on the fuel truck , there is NO self serve available . I plan to arrive around 0930 on Friday the 17th to help maintain good order and discipline .

Regarding billeting...the Sky Ranch Lodge at the airport is FULL . If you need a room there are several "budget hotels" (Bates Motel) in town . Please try and book a room in town that is as close to the airport as possible . We should have plenty of transportation should we need to shuttle people . On the subject of transportation , my wife (Sil) is flying into PHX on SWA (Flt. # 256) arriving at 0900 and picking up a seven passenger van at Thirfty Car Rental . She will be heading back to PHX on Sun. the 19th for a SWA flight #1347 leaving at 1050 . We can coordinate a departure time from Sedona to PHX when we get there . Right now Sil has one Pax riding , Ted Mundell's wife , so 5 seats are available . If you plan to use the PHX van I will need a cell phone # so Sil can coordinate once she gets to the airport .

Fridays sked is pretty laid back . Arrive , park , go to town and get ramp refreshments . Check in to the Lodge/Hotels . Happy hour at the Mesa grill (at the airport) followed by a sunset dinner . I may try and find a dinner location close by in town if that works out .

Saturday...Morning open . Breakfast on your own . I was told the Lodge has a Courtesy van that goes to town . I will confirm that or we can shuttle folks with the van and other available vehicles . I have a Jeep tour sked for Saturday with http://www.adayinthewest.com Jeep tours . The Pink Jeep tour outfit did not work out logistically and this outfit gave us a 20% discount and the tour runs 2.0hrs vs Pink Jeep 1.5 hr tour . Looking at all the similar tour outfits it appears they all use the same National Forest and roads to conduct their tours . Our tour will be the Mogollon Rim Jeep Tour . Go to the web site for more info and please go to the FAQ concerning what to wear (yes Lou you need to wear clothes) and what you can and can not bring on the tour . An MT bladder should be on the top of your list ! The tour will begin approx. 1645 with a pick up at the Lodge and returning to the Lodge approx. 1910 hours . I plan to have a group dinner at the airport Mesa Grill starting around 1930 until ? Go to the Mesa Grill for more info on the menu and the views ! http://www.mesagrillsedona.com

Sunday everyone is on their own . If you are in town we will pick you up and take you to the flight line . There may be a possibility that Ken Knowles will be there one day and if that is the case I'll squeeze in a lunch for Ken .

Call me or e-mail if you have questions or concerns . I'll do my best not to address them ! (H) 619-669-0583 rx115@cox.net

Regards,

Love Boat Skipper

Mr. Wonderful

Profile Personal album  

Lou
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:44 pm 

PANTS, check!

Profile Personal album  

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:02 pm 

Thanks Lou...at least we won't go blind on the Jeep tour ! :o

RB