Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

MartyG
 Post subject: Re: Oshkosh 2023
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:04 am 

For those not on the facebook group:

I will have this box under my plane (N50LE) at Airventure. It has whatever left over stuff I had from this year. Thanks to everyone who ordered. If you missed out, get it while you can!!

martygrosse@yahoo.com

N9MR
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:42 am 

I had a great time meeting those who flew into OSH this year.

The trip up on Monday was hazy enough to fly no higher than 2000'. I had 20 min to make a 30 min flight after topping off to get to Fisk by the 1400 closing. Puckaway Lake ... no airplanes, full throttle. Green Lake ... no airplanes, full throttle. Caught a Cherokee ... slowed down. ATC asked for a 360 to fall in behind an RV-6A. Lost sight of the RV. Found to my RT on downwind for 27. Asked if we were a flight of two ... nope. Cleared to land on the Orange dot (who), I went wide over the lake & the RV tight. Worked out great. I was a yellow RV during that time.

Departing on Sunday ATC told the yellow RV (me) to position and hold then said "You're not an RV, what are you", proudly I told him that I was a Thorp T-18 and this was our 60th anniversary.

Lee and David did a great job at the interview, I learned allot. I thought both that and the forum were well attended and very informative. To Lee and Jamie, thanks for all your work, and to David and Karen for your help and for the great group of fine people who make up the Thorp family.

Thanks again to everyone and the EAA for making the Thorp 60th a very nice celebration of a truly great airplane. Can't wait to see the formation photos.

Keith Welsh
N9MR

dickwolff
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 5:55 pm 

Apparently there was a T18 on the line with a horizontal flap for controlling cooling airflow at the cowl inlet. Unfortunately my buddy didn’t get the registration. I would like to talk to the owner. Can anyone put me in touch? PM is fine.

DW

Profile Personal album