Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Rich Brazell
 Post subject: W & B CD
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:50 pm 

I may have mentioned my W & B CD before and I know there are other options out there including "Spread Sheets" that others have posted, but I'll pitch this again for the WINN BALANCE program. I got mine from Spruce for $19.99 and worth every penny. A no brainer and simple to use. No pencil/paper/caculator required. Just plug in the numbers LM weight, RM weight, tail wheel weight and ARM, CG range 62.5-71.0...Bada Bing, Bada Boom !

If you are concerned about placing the battery behind the seat and not sure if it's a good idea, this program will tell you instantly, if it will work. Move the battery to the firewall, under the seat or ? You can also add or remove weight (wood prop/CS, change starters,avionics, etc.) from any station, BEFORE you build it into the A/C and determine if it will fall in CG. I ran every scenario I could think of for my A/C for both T/O and landing, full fuel, max. baggage, passenger. Min. fuel (landing), passenger and max baggage. Min. fuel, passenger and no baggage, Fraser in the baggage compartment, etc. All the situations I could come up with and to my delight the A/C remained within CG. [8D]

Just my 2 cents.

RB
NX115RX

Last edited by Rich Brazell on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Personal album