Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

leewwalton
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:09 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I just had a look through the July issue of Sport Aviation and once again I need to vent on the current state of EAA.

Way back in November, again in January and later in March I corresponded with the editor of Sport Aviation (this initially took the help of a fellow T-18'er and friend of said editor to even get a response). In our correspondence the following "blurb" was reassured to me would make it into Sport Aviation before the convention ...

-- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thorp T-18 Forum/Lunch at AirVenture 2011

The Thorp T-18 Forum will be held 7/27/2011 at the EAA Nature Center in Tent #1 from 11:00- 2:00 pm. With over 400 active T-18's in the United States and many more abroad the almost 50 year old John Thorp design is still very much alive and well. There will be an optional lunch served for a small fee followed by a open discussion/forum. Builders, owners and anyone with an interest in the Thorp are encouraged to attend.

For further information check the T-18 Website http://t18.net/ or contact Lee Walton by phone 713-303-1043 or by email at thorpforum@thorp18.com.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not a tall order in my opinion but in this day apparently not doable. I've sent a note to the editor but now two days later, no response.

Very sad. If anyone sees Mary Jones (editor of at Sport Aviation) at Airventure this year please invite her to the Forum/Lunch. I think she could benefit from a little sit-down with myself and some of our fellow Thorp com-padres. If a simple announcement from a type club cannot make it into a magazine EAA has certainly lost its way ...

KEFD

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Personal album