Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

MarcG
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:01 am 

Thanks for the information. I'll be fitting the Catto Prop because of that exact weight consideration.

The O-360 is a parallel valve, so the actual engine isn't an issue. I was referring specifically to the A1A version. I've read that some of the lycoming configurations don't work too well in smaller cowlings.

As always, thanks for the advice!

Can't wait to get her flying :)

Kraken
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:14 am 

Speedbird, if your stall is truly 87 mph then something is amiss. I have a 180 horse with CS prop and it stalls right at 70 mph indicated. Just wondering if your airspeed indicator may be off. You might be able to get that checked. Go up in your plane with a friend with another Thorp, and then you both stall your planes and compare. You can also get a tech to check your airspeed indicator on the ground. Phil, the main difference between the 0-360 and 0-320 is is the 0-360 has a longer stroke which gives it the extra 20 ponies. Maybe there's a little less metal somewhere there to. With the 0-360. because the engine is offset a bit, you need to use the shorter valve cover on the right front cylinder so it doesn't rub. I was happy to find out there are 2 different height valve covers that work. Who would of thunk it? Don