Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
dan
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:18 pm 

Well, Gloria wants to go real bad,Lou,I see your copilot is going, Renee and Gloria are just alike when it comes to having breakfast. How many other wives are going? I guess I am going to have to start planning for this,will cause a lot of flac at work but I haven't had a vacation in years. I would like to be in the lineup next year and be a part of the celebration,both of us would. We could probably stay for 3-4 days I will have to leave early enough to allow a couple days in case we get weathered in comming home. Will start working on the KVIS wing of Thorp air Command and see if I can rally the troops for the trip. really want to do this guys,would sure like to meet everyone and sit down for some good conversation and a good meal, Hey Frase, is this in the planning stages for you and yours?Cubes, you had a good plan at KVIS, do you remember it? I am going to give this my best effort Guys..Dan

Lou
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:47 pm 

Yes we are hoping to go. Planning to go would indicate actual plans and none have materialized on there own yet. Renee will be going unless I

Profile Personal album  

Lou
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:57 pm 

Dan, we do the $100. Breakfast most Saturdays. Renee calls 2751 my other red head. By the time we get somewhere for breakfast it

Profile Personal album  

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:25 pm 

If you guys are planning to go to OSH check out the EAA web site for local house rentals . It sez it will not be up and running for next years house info. (2013) until Nov. 2012 . I did search the EAA site a few months back before it went dark and found a local house 1.8 miles from the airport . Contacted the owner on a whim that he would be up to an early rental before the official EAA web site went up and he said yes. :) AC, washer/dryer, big screen TV, BBQ, towels, sheets, etc. and one if not 2 cars to use free of charge (car free, gas no. ) :o I have the 6 beds already filled . 6 is the max the owner will allow. Each person has their own bed and space. ;) Cost per person per day is about $55.00 ! So for 6 days about $330.00...give or take a shilling . House is also very close to to the public bus route and connects with the EAA bus route to the airport. A hotel will cost I am guessing close to $200/nite ! I know nothing about the College dorms other than I would NOT rent a non-AC room ! John Evens posted some good info on the Dorm rooms ( I think it was John ?) a while back to get on the standby list, if that is the route you want to take . Dan and Lou...get "crackin !" Bada Bing, Bada Boom !

RB

Profile Personal album  

SHIPCHIEF
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:22 am 

O.K.;
Bruce Finney worked me over yesterday. I talked to "She Who Must be Listened To" and it went well.
I guess we would fly with the "North West Contingent", who-ever that turns up.
I've never been to Oshkosh before, so this will be an overload experience. I need the wife for these things, she's a good networker.

jrevens
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:51 pm 

Fraser MacPhee wrote:
Right on Bill - should be fun....

John - you have a low empty weight, larger whetted area per lb, create more lift and stand taller thereby taking advantage of the cooler and less dense air at altitude, therefore thermal dynamics play less of a role with regard to fatigue on your working parts, as opposed to those of us with higher gross weights and lower CGs.

This is so strange... I think I understand this, Frase!

T-18 N71JE (sold)
Kitfox 7 SS N27JE

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:42 pm 

??? John...if you begin to understand anything from the man with unusual tastes in clothing , then it may be time for some professional help ! ;) I am not a Doctor , but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express one night ! :P

RB

Profile Personal album  

bfinney
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:01 am 

Hey RB,
One must remember that John lives at an elevated altitude there in Colorado, he must be suffering from oxygen deprivation making him delusional and he just thinks that he understands the Fraser, my excuse, I'm just getting old and senile, what do I know. ;D

N18JF T-18C #262
Yelm, WA USA

Profile Personal album  

SHIPCHIEF
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:12 am 

Paul McMicheal (NW Thorp Ambassador) called me about OSH Monday.
It looks like a 4 ship flight from the Great Northwet is a possibility.
Paul is working on housing and transportation for our group.
I'm getting excited.

PRHicks
 Post subject: Re: Oshkosh Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:34 pm 

I'm planning on attending OSH this year along with my 1981 T-18W. Please save a parking spot and a commemorative Thorp Air Command T-shirt.

Profile Personal album  

chasen
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:33 pm 

Sorry I'm late to the party folks! The T-18 and Tailwind celebrations are on top of my list for 2013, and I can make accommodations for parking happen. I'm excited to see the ideas flowing here!

Oh, and an update on my own project...no longer building a Tailwind, BUT, I have recently made a new choice...something that aligns closer to the T-18, a Mustang II!

Anyway, I'll check in here often now that I've found the place. Looking forward to meeting you all this summer!

leewwalton
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:37 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Welcome aboard Chad!

Look forward to working with you this year, wish we could have talked you into a Thorp nut the MII is a close second! ;)

KEFD

Profile Personal album  

smokyray
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:29 pm 

For you guys who don't know Chad, I had the pleasure of meeting him 2 years ago. He was selling his RV7 and had just been notified of his new job at EAA. My first thought was "awesome, an experimenter and prolific builder on staff in Oshkosh"! One of his many hats is as editor of "The Experimenter" a great free on-line magazine!
http://www.eaa.org/experimenter/
I inspected his gorgeous, light and innovative RV7 for a purchaser in South Africa. We had breakfast, loaded up all the builders manuals, picture albums and mementos and I launched for the Green Swamp. What a great airplane and new friend at EAA. Thanks Chad!

V/R
Smokey

Chad's masterpiece, a lightweight, cold air inducted, plenum cooled very unconventional RV7 in my driveway @ FD33.

TonyNZ
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:27 am 

Lee
Has there been a schedule of events (thorp wise) put together yet? I note Bill W booked Roxy for the dinner Fri 2nd Aug, a bit early I suspect unless you guys have a different calendar to this side of the world? Figure the dinner is probably 30 August?

Still trying to figure out travel to make the best of an expensive trip from NZ!
Cheers
Tony Schischka
T18C ZK-VMS

PS: how many of you Aussie guys are heading to OSH and how are you traveling?

Profile Personal album  

TonyNZ
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:32 am 

OK OK I know, I got the dates wrong sorry Bill:-[
Tony S

PS: we DO have the same calendars!!

Profile Personal album  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next