Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

farm-tim
 Post subject: First time out
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:37 am 

I flew 335BW for the first time Friday aug 27th. My friend and I have been working on her for about 6 months now off and on. We recovered her from NY were someone did the roll out on the top side. Overall I was pleased with the performance, I was surprised with the horrible ride on my grass strip, stiff legged little bugger aren't they, I was a bit leery about only putting out 2200 rpm on take off but was quickly rewarded with flight in only about 1000 feet. Good thing too because there's only 1800' total. the flight was really nice, I went to 3500' for some maneuvers (didn't take long at 1300' per min climb) and slow flight then to our community airport for some landings. Things went well so I returned to my field for a final stop, it was a bit tense but I had it down and stopped with a ton of room to spare. I have flown her for an hour at least every day this weekend and it was very rewarding however it will hopefully be listed on Barnstormers yet this week. It was always intended as a money maker and at 220#s and 6'2" tall I really fill the cockpit.
Thanks to all of you for input and parts, it was a very enjoyable project, Tim

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.