Thorp Air Command - T18.net

Supporting Owners, Builders and Pilots of the Thorp T-18 and its variants.
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
James Grahn
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 7:56 am 

I'm out. I'll be flying out of Chicago that weekend. Sorry guys.
Cubes

Profile Personal album  

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:08 pm 

I thought you had Seniority ? ??? I hope it's Midway and not ORD . I was like a one armed paper hanger my first time into ORD ! :P I did stay out of the "Penalty Box ! " :o

RB O0

Profile Personal album  

fytrplt
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:31 pm 

My ORD story has the following components: "Pacer 69 (T-39), cleared to taxi via the inner to the outer thence via Lakeshore". At that point I was told my stop-over flight plan was lost and to refile (Meanwhile, follow the Cathey Pacific 747). I had a three star general on board and a clue-less co-pilot. That's when I decided to stick to fighters. Yes, I do know where the Penalty Box is.

KLAL

Profile Personal album  

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 6:02 pm 

The one thing I found very interesting about ORD was as soon as they switched you over to approach you had better understand their instructions the FIRST time as you will never be able to jump back in for clarification . ??? I have never heard approach and ground controllers talk soooo fast without taking a breath of air ! :o OH MY ! :P Your T-39 co-pilot is probably a Captain for Delta Airlines ! BOOM !

RB O0

Profile Personal album  

James Grahn
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 7:05 am 

No it's MDW. But it's in the other seat, so yes, I'm Junior Birdman again.
Cubes

Profile Personal album  

fulcrumflyer
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:21 am 
Wanna know what Top Gun is really about? Very insightful analysis ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzY9a-WmE6o

dickwolff
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:30 am 

Bahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Profile Personal album  

Lou
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:34 pm 

:D Um,… you owe me three minutes and eleven seconds. :D

Profile Personal album  

James Grahn
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 3:46 pm 

Ah...never had much use for Quentin.
Cubes

Profile Personal album  

Rich Brazell
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 9:10 pm 

Just look at the aerial video . No sex involved there ? The two Broke Back Idiots don't know a jack hammer from a toilet plunger ! ::) The Sound Track is great along with the KNKX O'Club scene . That was a hopping place when I was a young LT ! :o Fraser has a new call sign..."Plunger ."

RB O0

Profile Personal album  

Norman W. Pauk
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:34 pm 

Re: Utah/West Coast Spring Fly In 2014

Fraser,

My wife and I are planning to drive over to your planned event. We picked the Fairfield Inn in the Draper area. We would be able to offer help, i.e. driving people about, setup of stuff for your location at the airport. We are planning to arrive on June 19 and leaving maybe late Sunday or Monday.

IF you like give a call at 253-561-4801 or via e-mail: npauk@msn.com

Talk to later

Regards,
Norm Pauk
Kent, WA

Fraser MacPhee
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:29 pm 

Fantastic Norm!! - the help is really appreciated - your hotel is very close to chez moi and about 20 minutes from the port - We''ll get you up in a bird as well...though it won't be me I doubt as I have a lame hoof for the next 5 to 6 weeks. No worries thought, there should be plenty here. We'll chat when were a week out or so.

Serial #279-1
Angel Fire, NM (KAXX)

Profile Personal album  

Fraser MacPhee
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:18 pm 

I just realized I posted this on Rich's forum for 2015 - sorry Rich.

OK.....Two weeks folks.....I hope the Spring gathering in Bamaland was fun times and everyone arrived home safely. Here is the current tentative agenda.

Arrive Friday whenever - Homey and I will have sandwiches and refreshments upon your arrival. My hangar is on the south side of the field facing east to the runway with a bi-fold door that will be open - The FBO is just to the north of me. Go ahead and come towards my hangar and we'll park you there temporarily before getting you all bunked in the hangar or tie downs. Fuel out of the truck is LESS EXPENSIVE than fuel out of the self serve - I think I can swing the local discount which is only about a dime a gal, but it's better than nuthin....There is work going on on the north side of the field and parking may be tight but I'll have it org'd by the time you arrive. Dinner will be at my hangar that evening - BBQ burgs, boobs and salad and cooler of saint and sinner bevs. Homey, Norm Paulk or I will get you to the Hotel - it's a 5 minute car ride or a 10 minute beer dash across the airport and a fence hop.

Norm et al - my cell is 801-301-9936 - please make a note of it. Lest I not answer, Homey's is 717-421-7379

Norm - coordinate with me when you're getting close - If you can get to Leading Edge Aviation, they know me and will get you to me.

Saturday - brecky on your own at the hotel, and one of us will pick you up there and shuttle - be ready by 8:00 AM spiffed up. We are day tripping to Wendover AFB - a historical airfield where they trained B-29 pilots including the pilots of the Enola Gay to drop the first A-bombs. We will lunch there. Briefing will start 08:30 sharp and plan to launch at 9:00. The flight is 45 minutes. Some of you have done this before - enjoy it again, for the first time...:)...For those of you not having been there, it's pretty cool.
We will return early to mid afternoon. We will then hangar fly and perhaps do a formation sortie or two just to let Salt Lake know we are here.
That evening's dinner is still in the final planning stages.

Sunday - Breakfast on your own at the hotel - Homey or I will pick you up at 8:00.
If anyone wants to do a formation sortie, we'll do one sortie........then safely off to the home nest - that's it for now.

Visalia Vipers - Start checking out the route - you can IFR the whole way, (except over the Sierras) and the good thing is there is little traffic on those roads, and plenty of self sufficient farmers with tools not too far away if you ever had to set down on one of those roads. Plan on almost 3.5 to 4 in the air - water and a way to waste it, a snack - enjoy the views (as they are amazing) and monitor when transiting the MOAs. Call me if you want to chat about the route and we can blab about it on the blower.

Cheers folks, and looking forward to it!!

Serial #279-1
Draper, UT

Serial #279-1
Angel Fire, NM (KAXX)

Profile Personal album  

dan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:11 pm 

KVIS Vipers reporting in, will be flying a 3 ship out early Friday morning bout 7:30 AM, have 2 routes at the ready. One stop in Tonapah, and then we are headed in. Been watching the weather patterns and all looks well. Looking forward to seeing the likes of all the ornery cusses that show up at KVIS and sure hope all will make it. See all of yas when we get there.....Dan

Norman W. Pauk
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:17 pm 

Fraser,
As noted before we are driving to your lovely city. Our schedule is to check in at the Fairfield Inn Thursday afternoon. If we have time we will find Leading Edge Aviation. Anyway we will be in contact later Thursday or Friday AM. In the meantime is there anything we can do from the Seattle area?

Regards,

Norm Pauk
cell: 253-561-4801

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next